Whaling Days – Helping our Community
Whaling Days has hosted a family oriented festival in “Old Town” Silverdale since 1972. Run exclusively by volunteers, this not-for-profit organization believes strongly in helping and supporting our Kitsap County community and has begun setting aside monies as available in the annual budget to “give back”.
In addition to Scholarships, Whaling Days has made the following donations:
- Yearly Donation to Boy Scout Troop 1540 for helping keep our festival clean.
- Donations to West Sound Church for assisting with Security
- Donations to 20 Kitsap Battalion Sea Cadets for assisting with Security
- Yearly Donation to Central Kitsap Food Bank from 21+ Club
- 2008 Donation to Central Kitsap Grad Night
- 2008 Donation to Clear Creek Trail
- 2008 Donation to Kitsap Soap Box Derby
- 2008 Donation to Jackson Hall in memory of Harry Knapp
- 2009 Donation to Clear Creek Trail
- 2009 Donation to Kitsap County Humane Society Rescue Service
- 2010 Donation to North End Welcome to Silverdale Sign
- 2010 Donation to Ovarian Cancer Research in Memory of Judith Rammel
- 2011 Donation to Haselwood YMCA’s Commerative Brick Program
- 2013 Donation to Girls on the Run
2014 Donation to Kitsap Humane Society “Cattery”
- 2014 Donation to “Stand Up For Kids”
If you are interested in applying for the Silverdale Whaling Days Hank Mann Sykes Scholarship, applications will be available in December.